Professional Associations for Science Teachers
Membership in professional associations can provide you with a wealth of opportunities, and benefit your students as well. You may visit web sites or download membership forms from various professional organizations from this page.
American Association of Physics Teachers
AAPT's mission is to enhance the understanding and appreciation of physics through teaching. Its vision is to be the leader in physics education. AAPT is committed to providing the most current resources and up-to-date research needed to enhance a physics educator's professional development. The results are not only a deeper appreciation of the teaching profession, but most importantly, more enthusiastic involvement from students.
Colorado Biology Teachers' Association
The Colorado Biology Teachers' Association facilitates and encourages scientific thinking and the utilization of the methods of science through the teaching of biology. It assists teachers, promotes the interrelationships of biology to other sciences and to other educational experiences; organizes projects for the advancement of biology, and assists biology teachers in the aspects of professional development.
Colorado Chemistry Teachers Association
Join other chemistry educators across the state in promoting and improving chemistry education with your membership in the Colorado Chemistry Teachers Association.
Contact Elnore Grow at email@example.com to learn more about CCTA.
Colorado Earth Science Network
The objective of CESN is the advancement, stimulation, extension, improvement and coordination of Earth and Space Science education at all educational levels in Colorado.
Denver Museum of Nature and Science
Your CAST membership provides you with a free Individual membership or 30% off a Dual or Family level membership at the Denver Museum of Nature & Science. This offer is available to all licensed Colorado K-12 science teachers with your valid CAST membership.
BENEFITS OF MUSEUM MEMBERSHIP
- Free unlimited admission into the Museum, 364 days per year
- Access to the Member Services Desk
- Guest tickets (based on membership level) for your friends and family
- Special member-only events, exhibition previews, and activities
- Discounts throughout the Museum – on IMAX & Planetarium tickets, Museum Shop & Cafe purchases, classes, workshops, lectures, day camps, and more
- Advance notice of Museum offerings prior to the public
- A one-year subscription to Catalyst, the Museum magazine, mailed bimonthly
- Monthly e-mail newsletter with upcoming activities, insider tips, and special offers for members
- Admission to more than 290 science centers and museums worldwide through our partnership with the ASTC Passport Program
Friends of Dinosaur Ridge
Free Membership to the Friends of Dinosaur Ridge for CAST members. See the membership form.
National Science Teachers Association
NSTA's Mission is to promote excellence and innovation in science teaching and learning for all. The NSTA is the largest organization in the world committed to promoting excellence and innovation in science teaching and learning for all. NSTA's current membership of more than 55,000 includes science teachers, science supervisors, administrators, scientists, business and industry representatives, and others involved in and committed to science education.