A variety of grants are available to supplement your science program. For a list of grant winners, go to the Grant Winners page.
CAST Mini-Grants Available
Attention teachers: Here is money for your science projects! CAST members may apply for up to a $200.00 m ...more
Attention teachers: Here is money for your science projects! CAST members may apply for up to a $200.00 mini-grant to supplement their science program. Mini-grants are available for elementary, secondary and college-level teachers.
Just complete the online application. The CAST board will review requests at their next board meeting, make selections, and notify applicants. Grants will be awarded until allotted funds are depleted and winners will be announced on the web site and in the next newsletter. Hurry and submit your applications before funds run out.
No more than 2 grants will be awarded to any one school in a one year period. In order for the money to have maximum impact, grants that utilize funds for non-consumable items will be given preference. In order to be fully considered, mini-grant applications must include the quantity of materials to be purchased with grant funds, as well as the exact expense for the materials. Applicants must be a member for at least one year before applying for the grant.
Mail-in grant requests should include a short letter telling us how you would use the money to supplement your classroom budget to strengthen your science program, including the quantity of materials to be purchased and the exact expense for the materials. Be as specific as you can including catalog numbers if possible. Send to Elnore Grow, 17394 Jurassic Road, Morrison CO 80465 or firstname.lastname@example.org....less
CAST Pre-Service Teacher Award
CAST is currently seeking nominations for our Pre-Service Awards. If you have sponsored a stud ...more
CAST is currently seeking nominations for our Pre-Service Awards. If you have sponsored a student teacher this school year, and felt they did an outstanding job, please consider nominating them for the Pre-Service Award.
Do you have a student teacher that has done a great job for you and your students?
The Colorado Association of Science Teachers is pleased to announce their pre-service teacher award. CAST is looking for outstanding science student teachers.
The winner of the award will receive $500.00. Any pre-service teacher who has student taught during the fall of 2015 or the spring of 2016 is eligible for nomination.
Nominations should be 1 to 2 pages that include the following information:
1. Student’s name
2. Student’s mailing address, to send the award in the event they are the winner
3. Student’s e-mail address and phone number in case of difficulty in contacting
5. University or college attended
6. Expected graduation or completion of program date
7. Supervising teacher and school, and
8. Supervising teacher’s contact information (e-mail, address, and/or phone number)
9. A short description outlining the student’s outstanding teaching qualities
Nominations should be e-mailed on or before May 15, 2014 and sent to:
Past President, CAST
Please put CAST pre-service award 15-16 in the subject line....less
Rural Scholarships to attend Colorado Science Conference
Rural Conference Scholarships
In order to support the attendance of rural science teachers at the Colorado Science Conference, CAST is offering 3 rural conference sch ...more
Rural Conference Scholarships
In order to support the attendance of rural science teachers at the Colorado Science Conference, CAST is offering 3 rural conference scholarships to CAST members located in rural counties. These scholarships provide $100 to defray costs of attending the conference.
- Applicants must be a CAST member teaching in a rural county. The following counties are excluded from applying: Any of the “Big 7-Denver Metro Counties including Adams, Arapahoe, Boulder, Broomfield, Denver, Douglas and Jefferson; El Paso, Pueblo, Larimer and Weld Counties.
- Submit the following information below to Elnore Grow no later than November 9; email@example.com or USPA- 17394 Jurassic Road, Morrison CO 80465.
- Mailing address (Street or P.O. Box , City, State, Zip and Country)
- CAST Region I, II or III-see the website, http://www.coloradocast.org/
- School, grade level(s) currently teacher and number of years teaching
- Number of times attended CSC and/or NSTA conferences
- Brief description of financial support you expect to receive from school/district or other source
- Statement of how you will use these funds.
CAST will notify recipients and checks may be picked up at the CAST booth at the Colorado Science Conference....less